Don’t worry about anything. Rather, in every area of of life let God know what you want, as you pray and make requests, and give thanks as well.
And God’s peace, which is greater than we can understand, will keep guard over your hearts and minds in King Jesus.
For the rest, my dear family, these are the things you should think through: whatever is true, whatever is holy, whatever is upright, whatever is pure, whatever is attractive, whatever has a good reputation; anything virtuous, anything praiseworthy.
And these are the things you should do: what you learned, received, heard, and saw in and through me. And the God of peace will be with you.
What should I think about all day?
Well I’m glad you asked! Here are some healthy thoughts we as Christians would do well to dwell upon throughout the day, everyday:
- The recalling of scenes from the life of Jesus, perhaps establishing links between what we are experiencing and particular incidents.
- Pondering the meaning of the good and bad examples with which experience and reading provide us.
- Retracing some stages of our own life’s journey.
- Counting our blessings.
- Seeing the hand of God at work in the beauty of creation.
- Trying to understand the deeper significance of daily events.
- Being open to receiving a word of life from anyone we meet.
- Being mindful of death.
- Reactivating our hope in eternal life.
Do not think that what your thoughts dwell upon is of no matter. Your thoughts are making you. -Bishop Steere
When we can actually choose the direction of ours thoughts instead of just letting them run along the grooves of conditioned thinking, we become the masters of our own lives. -Eknath Easwaran
Conditioning–The process of habitual thinking that significantly determines what people think, feel, and perceive. The more people entertain a thought or a particular kind of thought, the more their minds are prone to generate thoughts of that nature.
We can actually choose how we feel more than we realize.
The ancient monks were encouraged to never leave their reading time before they had selected a short text to carry with them throughout the rest of the day to chew on. This way they could be led into the deeper meaning of the text, giving the Holy Spirit room to work on them and reveal more and more layers of Truth. It would also be there at the ready for any events of that day.
What is a word or phrase of truth you will now choose to keep with you and recall throughout the next 24 hours?